Friday, February 5, 2010

Give To Win

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." ~Edmund Burke

I have been doing a great deal of self reflection and praying as of late.  Specifically, I have been wondering what my path is for being a servant to people and to the Lord.  I have been praying to God to not only lead and guide me to what I need to be doing, but for me to hear him when the times arise.  All too often I find myself, in hindsight, realizing I missed out on an opportunity to give of myself.  There is just so much daily noise to compete with and it's challenging to be sensitive to the Spirit when you are just trying to get all the things you need to get done in a day.

I ask God to help me to be an example to my son and family, as well as those around.  I want to make sure that I am not just someone who talks about the injustice of the world and how we need to help others, but to be a woman of action.  Lately, God has been moving me a great deal and I feel like I am heading in the right direction for a change.  I have been looking for the right opportunities to volunteer for things but sometimes being a servant to peoples needs is just as simple as opening your eyes to the ones in front of you daily. 

There are some many wonderful and Godly people around me all the time and it's easy to witness and love them.  The real challenge is being bold around the ones you question or don't know their faith.  I have had a wake up call to take every opportunity that I act on as notch in the giving belt.  Some things are more obvious than others, but it is truly about your hearts intentions.  It's not about making sure people know you are a good person or a giving person.  It's about making an impact daily through big or small acts.  Even kind and encouraging words make all the difference.  We need to build up people all around us.  That love and confidence just comes back to you when you need it most.

At work, I am currently on a team where our objective is to improve communication, community and culture.  I pitched an idea to go over to the nearest homeless shelter to help with breakfast or lunch in cross departmental groups.  The idea has been a hit and it is currently evolving.  I couldn't be prouder that my fellow co-workers also find the importance of volunteering in a community. 

Also, my national sales team just got back from a 3 day trip to New Orleans to do Habitat for Humanity.  It was the most gratifying experience and it has re-energized my motivation for making my company as successful as it can be.  They realize the big picture on a deeper level and I couldn't be prouder to work for a company who is so willing to give and understands what makes their employees feel valuable.  It was incredible to see so many hard-working people all working under a common and worthy goal outside of just increasing revenue.  As a company, that is a key and worthy goal, but for mine to know that there are more important things in life makes me feel like I am at a great place.  I have not had a great deal of faith in corporations.  I have always viewed them as a menace and that they have way too much control over our goverment at a federal, state and local level.

I have been restored and feel like many things are starting to come together for me.  I pray this momentum keeps on building and their more opportunities for me personal to do what I need to do to give of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment