Friday, December 18, 2009

The Smile Says It All


"Everyone smiles in the same language." ~Author Unknown

I think the smile on Max's face says it all.  We have been really enjoying this holiday season and it is all thanks to this little guy.  Kids just make Christmas what it is supposed to be.  For the last few years, I have bought in to the notion that Christmas is so hectic and such a struggle.  The commercialization of Christmas had indeed taken over and I became a little less enthused about it.

Now my joy and happiness for the season has returned.  I even find myself listening to the Christmas music station on Pandora while I am at work!  Crazy!  I wish that I could say that I am ahead of the game this year as far as the shopping goes, but that is just not the case.  But I don't view it as a burden this year.  I find myself excited to find the perfect gifts for the ones I love. 

Max is loving this holiday season.  He loves to sing the songs and hear all the stories about baby Jesus and Santa.  He loves making and deacorating the cookies.  He loves to deacorate the tree and turn the lights on.  It has been so exhilirating sharing all these little traditions with him and as a family.  He has brought us a whole new appreciation for the holiday and I am just thankful that it has come back to us.  This is a very special time of year and it's is easy to loose sight of what is important.  But thanks to motherhood and a special little boy, I have been pulled out of my "Bah-Humbug" hole of negativity.  I can't wait to see his face on Christmas morning after Santa has arrived!  What a magical time of the year.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all your family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment