Sunday, March 1, 2009

Why Women Like Assholes...

Just saw that movie "He's Just Not That In To You". I was just not into it! I walked away thanking God that I am married and to the most wonderful man and friend and I don't have to do all that shit anymore. My overall response to the movie is it was okay, but I found myself being annoyed with almost all of the characters.

Seriously, I don't remember dating being that hard! It seems to be too much mental and emotional warfare. But I suppose I didn't do that much dating in my 30's. The only thing that was enlightening to me was in the very beginning of the movie, there was a little girl who was playing on the playground and a little boy came up to her and shoved and called her some name or something. She went crying to her mother and her mother said to her, well you know that little boy likes you. When a boy likes a girl, they treat them like crap and that is why we girls, in turn like assholes.

Can it be that we are programmed or conditioned at such a young age that when a boy is an asshole, that means they like you? I really think that explains why girls accept that mentality and put up with so many losers in their lifes. I realize this is not the ONLY reason, but it explains why so many different walks of woman - from the seemlingly strong, confident, beautiful to the insecure, wounded, average - take so much shit from men. I mean I have seen it span all kinds and have never been able to put my finger on it. Could it really be that easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment